Vicci Ho is a writer, film programmer and producer. She has written for Variety and worked for film festivals across the globe, including Toronto International Film Festival, Zurich Film Festival and directed the Hong Kong Lesbian & Gay Film Festival.  She is the President of Janitor Interactive: a production company specializing in games.

This is her personal page.

PComp documentation - week 2

This week was really difficult. Honestly, I did not really have a problem with building circuits (apart from pulling my hair out for 30 minutes only to realize a wire was one row over, or that I used the wrong resistor that looked very similar in colour). The Arduino programming was tricky because we didn't have a proper class learning how to use the programming, but it is actually further ahead than ICM in its level of programming (if statements are kinda new to us!!!)

So, I did do my best to try and figure out how to code the arduino to activating the circuit, though I could only figure out a tiny bit of it before I give up and clicked on the clues. Once I saw the code, it is pretty obvious, but right now I am struggling to figure out the codes on my own.

Here's some of the stuff that I managed to get working:

first time getting the arduino to work.

and switching the lights with a photoresistor.

switching LED lights

Then I moved onto the Analog input exercise, and managed to control the LED with a potentiometer. I don't quite understand about the values that was printed, however...

flex sensors / photoresistors from Vicci Ho on Vimeo.

Then I used two photoresistors as flex sensors:

flex sensors / photoresistors from Vicci Ho on Vimeo.

I didn't have a Leonardo so I couldn't do the mouse control lab, but I did manage to activate the circuit with the button:

circuit with button

and got it to print onto the screen (Trust me, I really was this excited):

VID_20130918_205619.mp4 from Vicci Ho on Vimeo.

I then tried to get the readings on the two photoresistors to work. I am not sure that it did work perfectly, but this is what I got:

readings on the two photoresistors

and I tried to make it print L and R but I am not sure that it worked. I had some problems with the circuit (namely, using the wrong resistors and not noticing for an hour) so this could actually be what shouldn't have happened.

Printing L and R from Vicci Ho on Vimeo.

I haven't gotten to the multiple buttons, will add to this soon. I will say however, that by the time I got to the last lab, I did manage to remember some code commands and at least manage to be on the right track when I was trying to figure out what the code should be.

Signs.

ICM week 2 - animated fishies!